I am Peng-Jie Wong, an assistant professor in the Department of Applied Mathematics at the National Sun Yat-Sen University.
Before joining NSYSU, from 2020 to 2022, I was a postdoctoral fellow at the National Center for Theoretical Sciences. My mentor was Professor Yifan Yang.
From 2017 to 2020, I was a PIMS postdoctoral fellow at the University of Lethbridge, working with Professors Amir Akbary, Andrew Fiori, Habiba Kadiri, and Nathan Ng.
In November 2017, I received my PhD from Queen's University under the supervision of Professor Ram Murty.
Department of Applied Mathematics
National Sun Yat-Sen University
Kaohsiung City, Taiwan
Email: pjwong at g-mail.nsysu.edu.tw
The majority of my research involves the theory of L-functions, arising from Galois and automorphic representations, and its applications to
Recently, I have been interested in explicit number theory and moments of L-functions.
I have written papers with Amir Akbary, Andrew Fiori, Ayla Gafni, Elchin Hasanalizade, Po-Han Hsu, Habiba Kadiri, M. Ram Murty, V. Kumar Murty, Nathan Ng, Quanli Shen, Jesse Thorner, and Akshaa Vatwani.
Thanks to Professors M. Ram Murty and V. Kumar Murty, I am with Erdős number 2, which seems unlikely to be improved by the techniques developed to date.
Here is the list of my publications.
- Cyclicity and exponents of CM elliptic curves modulo p in short intervals, Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, 373 (2020), 8725-8749. [pdf][doi]
- Bombieri-Vinogradov theorems for modular forms and applications, Mathematika 66 (2020), 200-229. [pdf][doi]
- The least prime ideal in the Chebotarev density theorem, (with Habiba Kadiri and Nathan Ng), Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society 147 (2019), 2289-2303. [pdf][arXiv][doi]
- Shifted moments of the Riemann zeta function, (with Nathan Ng and Quanli Shen), submitted. [arXiv]
- The eighth moment of the Riemann zeta function, (with Nathan Ng and Quanli Shen), submitted. [arXiv]
- Fourier coefficients of automorphic L-functions over primes in ray classes, (with Amir Akbary), submitted. [arXiv]
Alberta Number Theory Days XI, (with Dang Khoa Nguyen, Wolfgang Riedler, and Lee Troupe), Banff International Research Station, Canada, May 10-12, 2019.
NSYSU Math Seminar, National Sun Yat-Sen University, Taiwan, since September 2022.
Taipei Postdoc Seminar, (with Wei-Bo Su), Academia Sinica and National Center for Theoretical Sciences, Taiwan, September 2020-April 2021.